Work package WP12 – TTF1 – Integration between health care and research
- Mapping current challenges in the integration between healthcare and research in the perception of clinical researchers and physicians.
- Analyzing existing opportunities to conduct large low-cost clinical trials and to generate real-world evidence through networking.
- Improving the coordination of research by providing effective and efficient mechanisms by means of the new NoEs.
- Widening participation in research and improve the efficiency of research.
Lead Beneficiary: KRONIKGUNE
WP12 6-month update (October 2022-March 2023)
- The dates for the WP12 Monthly meetings were set
- Organization of a workshop for the definition of a common framework to represent the current situation of translational research
- Definition of a framework for assessing current challenges in integration between health care and research (Figure 3).
- Discussion and selection of the literature review process as part of the methodology of Task 1 (Figure 4).
Figure 3. Framework for the literature review
Figure 4. Options for the literature review methodology
- JANE WP12 Kick-of Meeting, 16 December 2022
- JANE WP12 Monthly Meeting, 21 February 2023
- JANE WP12 Monthly Meeting, 28 March 2023
Priorities for the next semester:
Task 1. Assessing current challenges in research portfolios and integration between healthcare and research
– Conduct a literature review and definition of the state of the art of the challenges of the integration between healthcare and research
– Develop the methodology for the desktop search
– Preparation of a report with the review results
Task 2. Establishing clinical research networks (CRN)
– Define the methodology for the establishment of the CRNs
– Define the state of the art of the CRNs in Europe
– Organize thematic group for discussion
Task 3. Proposing guidelines for effective and efficient organization and management of research efforts facilitated by NoEs